The North American Kairos YES! Retreat for secondary school students was held on March 20-22 this year near Oxford, Michigan. The theme was “The Glorious Image” and focused on what it means to be a human being, made in the image and likeness of God. There were 285 youth and 169 Staff attending, representing communities and outreaches in North America, from Vancouver to New Jersey and Minnesota and Toronto to Miami. We even had a number of staff from communities outside North America.
Some highlights of the retreat were:
• Excellent plenary sessions of worship and song
• Great testimonies by high school seniors of what God was doing in their lives
• Many made decisions to serve on a GAP year (a year of service for Christ, usually away from their own city)
• An epic talk given as the speaker stood on a balance beam
• Guest speakers: North American and from countries further afield
• A physical bulwark formed by everyone on the retreat, encouraging us to be a strength for one another
The retreat ended with a time of commissioning prayer for those who want to grow in discipleship, live “the Glorious Image” in their relationships at home, and do mission for the Lord. The YES! Retreat is always in March/April and registration opens in January. The 2016 YES Retreat is April 1-3. It is open to students in 9th-12th grades, and 8th graders by special invitation. Visit kairos-na.org in January 2016 for more information.